Thursday 16 January 2014

Rabbit decor...in memory of RoxyRooRoo

I lost my pet rabbit on Monday!
Technically, I inherited her from a neighbour and she has always been a bit of a wild child...never coming back to her hutch at night, scaring the local cats and even intimidating the dog at times...
But this time she wasn't so lucky and whatever got hold of her left injuries that she couldn't recover from...hence a very sad trip to the vets.
This wall decal image available from Sister's Guild captures her perfectly.



So how would I honour Roxy's character in a room setting?

Well, seeing as her colouring was the same as the image above, I'd go for a classic grey with lots of white...rabbit inspired wallpaper perhaps...like these...


 visi

And ethereal artwork...


A humorous touch with a wall-mounted rabbit head...


I wouldn't be able to resist a piece of rabbit inspired furniture like this...who could?


Lots of stylish cushions...







I'd fill the shelves with vintage story books involving rabbits...you know the ones I'm thinking about!


And antique cuddly toys...


The look would be a calm, scandi-inspired room with a chilled out feel.
I very much doubt that Roxy would appreciate my ideas but I hope she appreciated my efforts to make her happy while she was here....

No comments:

Post a Comment