Friday 6 May 2011

Ideas for a vintage pirates kid's room.

With just a couple of months to go before the release of Pirates of the Carribean 4, I've been indulging in a few movie trailers....I just love the dark atmosphere!!
I'm sure there'll be lots of little Cap'n Jacks running around this Summer wanting a 'pirates room'...This is how I'd do it...
I love this pillow case from Amazon...
From this I'd take my colour scheme for the walls, pale cream...and the bedding, a mix of plain linens in the green, teal blue and red for an ad-hoc look.
Even the odd piece of furniture could be painted to match...
And, of course...wooden floorboards, just like a ship's decking.



No pirate goes anywhere without his treasure map...so I'd create a feature wall using vintage style world map wallpaper in tones of cream and gold...



I'd keep the skull and crossbones element more 'grown-up' and menacing looking!

And use it in various sizes for impact...how about a large stencilled image on a wardrobe door, or appliqued onto a cushion, or a small repeat on curtains and floor cushions.



Lastly, I'd look to nautical suppliers for authentic lamps to fit the scheme...

There..! A more grown-up scheme without the 'twee' feel...and many items that can be used in future designs, when pirates are old news again.

No comments:

Post a Comment