I'm not a great fan of the Winter months...Oh, I know there are great things to be experienced..I was the first one out in the snow this year, and there's nothing like a walk along the beach on a cold day to blow away the cobwebs...but I miss the light!
So, like many of you, I love the simple, uncomplicated style of Scandinavian interiors.
The basic rules are easy to remember...
- make the most use of available natural light
- stick to light colours...whites and beiges
- use natural linen or cotton fabrics
- choose furniture in light woods such as beech, pine or ash
- soften wooden floors with cotton rugs
I can't help thinking this no-fuss style lends itself to the everyday rigours of family life so well... Easily maintained surfaces, washable fabrics, more space...
Take a look at the website of photographer Per Gunnarsson for more beautiful Scandinavian style...
Photos also from Trendzine and Home Design Decorating.